Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Post Norman Lear Blues...

After the Norman Lear overdose last night, I had to balance the rest of the nigh out with a little fun.

I started with the original The Day of The Triffids (1963)- I grant myself a little leeway on the blog because I'm pretty sure I saw this on television in the seventies- and it still holds up pretty well.  Killer plants from outer space!  BBC grade special effects! What's not to like?
I do, however, always feel a little lost with Howard Keel in the lead- he's good but as someone more familiar with Showboat or Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, I keep expecting him to SING!

I followed that up with two episodes of The Newlywed Game.  Wow.  All I know is I'd pay money to do follow ups on those couples.  Literally.  Take bets on who's still together... it'd be an awesome game.

... and oh yeah, I tried to watch an episode of The Gong Show (ep. 400 from 1977).  I made it a minute, six seconds.  Maybe I'll try again later with another episode.

Maybe.

And tonight?  I'm going to read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment